Thursday, September 4, 2008

The truth about waxing... down there.

Why did it take me 30 something odd years to finally fall for peer pressure?!?! I am not that girl. I know who I am (hint, the name of this blog). I don't need to prove myself to anyone or do things I 've never shown the least bit of interest in.

Now, with that being said, I have this friend... a crazy friend (Hey Crazy!). Who just makes even the most absurd things sound like a good idea. In the real world, we probably wouldn't even be friends. If we would have met at a party or school, we would have never spoken to each other. But , because God has a sense of humor, we met at work, and have actually become pretty good friends... until now.

This friend decided one day that we should all go get a bikini wax. I have no idea why "we" had to do it, but she's one of those people that makes it sound like the decision has already been made and that she's just letting you know so you can plan accordingly. I've never had a friend like this. Someone who's favorite color is pink, loves shopping, who's just plain girly (and bossy and CRAZY!). So, usually for entertainment purposes, I usually go along with whatever her new idea is. NEVER AGAIN!

So, we went to get our first bikini wax. I was afraid I would chicken out, so I marched in there first and just got it over with. We decided to get the "French Wax" on our first try. It hurt pretty bad, but all-in-all, it was ok. Here's where the problem comes in. Last week, we (meaning my friend) decided that we should just go balls to the wall and get a brazillian wax. For those of you that don't know, that means remove every ounce of hair off of your little girl. I actually pushed back on this, but, unfortunately, eventually decided to go for it. OH MY GOD! I refuse to even describe to you how awkward, embarrassing, and just plain painful the whole thing was. I will tell you that at one point I said, "Am I bleeding?"

So now I'm walking around with my "little girl" actually looking like a little girl's "little girl", but oh well. It was something new to try. But wait, it gets worse. I have a bad reaction to the wax! I break out with a horrible painful rash... down there. I am miserable, and I have my friend to thank.

I need new friends.

No comments: