Friday, August 8, 2008

I am not my hair

I don't consider myself vain, but like every othe women on the face of this planet, my mood is in direct correlation with how good my hair looks. Seven months ago I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. Within weeks, my hair started falling out in clumps. It happened with my first pregnancy as well, but there is no way to prepare yourself for losing your hair. I became depressed and just wasn't willing to cut it all off and try to pull off the super short Halle berry do again. So, I cut off almost all of my hair and I bought a wig. Ping. My co-worker said it made me look like Agent 99. For the first time, in a long time, My hair is 100% natural. I stopped wearing the wig a few weeks ago and am now wearing my hair in braids. After 3 months, I'll take the braids out and try to wear my hair naturally. I will try my best not to put another perm on my head! From what I can remember, my natural hair is medium sized curls. (Isn't it said that I can't remember.) My problem will be trying to keep it from getting to dry and breaking off, once again. Wish me luck!

No comments: